Thursday 7 April 2016

Planning the Day Prior


Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting the post out this week - the week sneaked by after starting university again and Tuesday completely slipped my mind. Regardless - I wanted to speak on something I found extremely effective in getting things done. 



I'm not sure how many of you experienced having gone through a day - feeling it was productive only to realise it was productive in only a certain project; or it was just "busy" productive and not actual productive. If so - I can assure you that you aren't alone on that. I've had some days where I spent more time thinking what to get done next than I spent actually getting it done! 

I've tried out a new technique - I say technique; it's more of a habit, of planning the day before what I want accomplished the next day. This helps me focus on whatever I want to get done instead of thinking what I think I should at the time. You could note down the goals on a notebook - or what I found to be far more effective is I use a Google chrome extension called Momentum. I didn't used to use the To Do feature of the app - simply because I've got other means of keeping track. In this case however, it was perfect! It's fast, and I could write the things I wanted done the next day fast. 


More importantly - every time I open a next tab it's in front of me, so I always have an eye on what I want done today. Needless to say - you can find your own way that works best for you; though based on personal experience - I found that having it on a new tab helps me more as I can open it throughout most of my devices that have chrome without having to install a new software or carry a notebook.

Give it a try - see if it works out for you!

Until next time,
Dylan



No comments:

Post a Comment