Wednesday 23 November 2016

Game Maker Progress 21: Dawn of Civilization

Hello everyone,

Today's post will be short - a small update about the current project I am working on. After receiving feedback on the concept idea of the 4X game - I've decided to take an approach towards settlement management. Having re-organised and re-planned how I would approach the project - it seems to be providing a more original and fresh idea!

The idea will focus more on the player managing resources and ensuring their people can survive winters and events. This means the approach I will be taking towards polishing and building the game is focusing on the Expansion and Exploitation elements of 4X. I have been brainstorming a lot of ideas but cutting down on them due to the 1 and a half month or so time span that it needs to be produced within. 


The schedule as is will still be very tight - the amount of tasks seems to have increased but their complexity feels decreased and of lesser scale. So I hope this means that I will be able to jump ahead of schedule fairly quickly. 


I look forward to bring updates on this project!

Until next time,
Dylan

1 comment: